Agile AL-3000 Fretless and AL-3200 Fretted
Aleksey has been trained as a violin player, which allowed him to easily transition to guitar and eventually become a virtuoso solo-guitar player. Playing a fretted instrument is different from playing fretless, in at least one great aspect: the chords cannot be played the same way on both, which for a solo-guitar player may not be much of an issue. Aleksey experimented with many guitars, but this one was quite special.
He acquired Agile 3000 (fretless) and 3200 (fretted) models as a special treat after a very busy tax season, when he had to put up with lots of overtime work. The two guitars are almost identical in specs, modulo their fretboards and colors. Their shape, construction and electronics mimic the well known Gibson flagship solid-body LP guitar model. However, the fretless guitar was especially dear to Alexey, as providing unique freedoms to a violin trained solo-guitarist: one could set the action super low with no string buzz and perform solos with powerful slides on it very naturally, no extra finger-ware needed. This guitar could also welcome a violin or cello bow for extra experimentation.
· Achieve the ultimate in low action - this fretless model allows for lowering the action beyond any regular model - as there are no frets to get in the way!
· Fret markers are along the side of the neck to guide you.
· Solid mahogany (not a multi-ply!) arch top body
· Triple bound body, and headstock. Single binding on neck.
· Die-cast Grover tuners with 18-1 turning ratio for ultra fine tuning (Model 102-18B)
· Two Type V Alnico humbucker pickups for warm, tradional sound
· The AL-3100 comes with improved wiring (single conductor braided 18 gauge American wire for pickups), improved pots (now higher voltage with brass shafts for reduced noise) and an improved pickup selector switch
· Two volume and two tone controls, plus a three way pickup selector switch
· One piece Mahogany set neck with 13.7" (350mm) radius neck for fast play and adjustable truss rod
· The AL-3000 features D'addario strings installed at the factory and a professionally installed graph tech nut
· Width of the neck at the nut: 1 5/8"; at the 21st fret: 2 3/16"
· Neck taper/thickness at the 1st fret: 21.5 mm; at the 12th fret: 23.5mm
· Overall length: 40"; Scale length: 24.7"
· Body thickness: 2" at edge; Width at the widest point: 13"
· Bridge pole spacing is 3", and the Tail piece pole spacing is 3 1/4"
· Actual Weight is only 10 lbs